Looking to support our troops and their pets? These non-profit organizations in San Diego are dedicated are the perfect solution.
1. Dogs on Deployment – Provides assistance to military pet owners while they serve our country. Dogs on Deployment provides an online network for service members to search for volunteers who are willing to board their pets during their owner’s service commitments. www.dogsondeployment.org
2. Freedom Dogs – Offers custom-trained specialty service dogs to wounded members of the military returning from armed conflict. Many of these returning men and women are so mentally, physically or spiritually broken that they have little hope of returning to mainstream life, until they meet their own freedom dog! www.freedomdogs.org
3. Paws for Purple Hearts – Paws for Purple Hearts is dedicated to improving the lives of America’s Warriors facing mobility challenges and trauma related conditions such as PTSD and TBI by providing the highest quality service dogs and canine assisted therapeutic programs. www.pawsforpurplehearts.org
4. SNAP San Diego – SNAP has spayed and neutered over 60,000 animals in clinics all over San Diego County. SNAP partners with the San Diego Chapter of Dogs on Deployment, to provide military personnel with canine companions a free spay or neuter. www.snap-sandiego.org
5. Canine Companions for Independence- Canine Companions for Independence enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships. Beyond much-needed physical assistance, the love, loyalty and positivity of a canine partner can make a profound, lasting impact on someone dealing with difficult emotions that are hard to communicate. www.cci.org