Summer is here and it is a perfect time to get out and enjoy the beach with your four-legged friends. Here is a list of all the local beaches you can visit:
Off-Leash Dog Beaches:
• Ocean Beach Dog Beach
• Coronado Dog Beach
• Del Mar Dog Beach
• Fiesta Island on Mission Bay
On-Leash Dog Beaches:
• La Jolla Shores Beach: Leashed dogs are allowed from 6 p.m. to 9 a.m.
• Mission Bay Park: The whole island is leash free and open 24 hours.
• Coronado: Beach is open for dogs to play.
• Imperial Beach: Dogs are permitted if they are on an 8-foot leash.
• Del Mar: Beach is open to dogs only June-Sept. and is leash free.
• Solana Beach: allows dogs off leash south of the staircase at Del Mar Shores Beach Access.
• Encinitas: Seaside Beach at Cardiff State Beach allows dogs if they are on leash.
• Oceanside- The Bluffs Beach area of this state park they allow dogs on leash at beaches.