Spring cleaning is the perfect opportunity to freshen up your space, and if you have a feline friend at home, there are a few special tasks you will want to make sure are on your to-do list:
- Dedicate more time to brushing them. As the seasons change, your cat will start to shed quite a bit. To prevent the fur from getting all over the house, and giving them an upset stomach, use a de-shedding brush to help manage their coat.
- Organize their toy collection. If you are like many pet owners, you likely spoil your cat with new toys of all varieties. Take stock of their collection, by making keep, toss, and donate piles to declutter.
- Scrub out their dishes and litter box. These essentials need a thorough cleaning several times per year. For a non-toxic solution, use hot water and vinegar to rid these items of any unwanted residue.
- Clean outdoor spaces they spend time in. If you let your cat out on your balcony or patio, make sure you sweep and remove any pests that may be lingering outside. You should also visit the vet and get them up-to-date on meds like flea prescriptions.
- Wash their beds and blankets. Just like you, your cat likes to snuggle up in fresh, clean bedding. Make sure you run them through the wash so they will be like new.
This list is a good start to make sure that both you and your cat are able to enjoy a tidy home.