As great as our weather is, Summer in San Diego can get hot! Keeping your dogs and cats safe and cool is crucial. So here are some fun, easy and cool treats you can make at home for them to enjoy!
BANANA DOGGIE ICE CREAM
• 18 oz. plain fat-free yogurt (3 small 6 oz. containers or about half 1-32 oz. container)
• 2 ripe mashed bananas
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter
• 1 tablespoon honey
• ice-cube trays (or small paper cups)
Mix the ingredients together in a food-processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into ice-cube trays and freeze.
• 16 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
• 8 2.4-oz. kitchen containers with lids (pet bowls or ice cube trays also work)
• Small Dog Bone Treats or Pretzel sticks
• 3 oz. hard cheese, cubed
Pour broth into pet bowls and drop in some cheese cubes and stand dog treats or pretzels in trays before freezing.
FROZEN TUNA CAT TREATS
• Plain yogurt
• Canned tuna packed in water
Mix in a bowl and spoon into ice cube tray and freeze for a few hours.[igallery id=3904 cid=168 pid=1 type=category children=0 addlinks=0 tags= limit=0]