- Category: Travel
- Published: Sunday, 01 January 2017 11:02
Spring Break With Your Buddy!.
Bringing a furry friend along on your Spring Break journey? Cool! Just make sure you let us know in advance and here are some tips:
- Before you hit the slopes or find that perfect spot by the ocean, remember to pack smart and light and limit yourself to one carry-on bag (plus one small, personal item).
- Book early and make sure to make reservations in advance when bringing a pet.
- Check with your vet and be ready with a note from the vet stating that your friend healthy for travel.
- Southwest Airlines allows small vaccinated domestic cats and dogs to travel with you in-cabin under the seat in front of you in an appropriate travel carrier.
- Each pet is subject to a $95 Pet Fare, each way.
- Six pets are allowed per flight with a limit of one pet carrier per paying Customer traveling on the same flight.
- Set two alarms and leave the house early. It is crucial that you give yourself plenty of extra time as getting through security with a pet takes little more time.
- Pets are not allowed to travel in-cabin on international flights or any itinerary that includes an international flight.
- Get your official Southwest Airlines branded pet carrier for $58 (tax included) at any Southwest Airport Ticket Counter or online.
- Enjoy your flight with your furry friend!