- Category: Travel
- Published: Thursday, 01 January 2015 10:08
Traveling with your pet? Here is some helpful information
1. Are reservations for the pet required?
Yes, reservations for Southwest-only itineraries must be made in advance, as space is limited. Reservations must be made by calling 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). Pets will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis on Southwest-operated flights until capacity is reached
2. Can pets travel on international flights?
Animals are not allowed to travel in-cabin on international flights or any itinerary that includes an international flight.
3. How many pet carriers is each Customer allowed?
Customers will be permitted to travel with no more than one (1) pet carrier per person. Each pet carrier can have no more than two (2) of the same species of small cats or dogs per pet carrier
4. What do I do with my pet when I get to the security checkpoint?
When passing through security, Customers will be asked to hold the pet and walk through the screening device while the carrier is x-rayed.